- What is a price index?
- How does CP Processor calculate the price index for popular cryptocurrencies?
The BITCOIN PRICE INDEX – iBTC is calculated based on the Relevant Transactions on all Representative Exchanges. Calculation steps for the iBTC on any given Calculation Day are as follows:
- All Relevant Transactions are added to a raw database, recording the trade price and size for each transaction.
Raw data consist of data in this form:
2. The data is partitioned into 6 equally-sized time intervals of 10 seconds each.
3. For each partition separately, the volume-weighted median trade price is calculated from the trade prices and sizes of all Relevant Transactions, i.e. across all Representative Exchanges. A volume-weighted median differs from a standard median in that a weighting factor, in this case trade size, is factored into the calculation.
4. The iBTC is then given by the equally-weighted average of the volume-weighted medians of all partitions.
- Can I use CP Processor price index widget on my website or App?
Yes, it is free and you can use it without any obligations.
These are the best standardized indexes on the crypto market.
Preview our Price Index widgets https://coinpaymentprocessor.org/widgets.html
FREE USE Price Index widgets https://coinpaymentprocessor.org/widgets/
- Which are the Representative Exchanges?
A Representative Exchange is a cryptocurrency trading venue elected by the Gold Partner – PS Invest analytics research to serve as pricing source for the calculation of the crypto and fiat currency pair. At the moment, Representative Exchanges are :
- For which cryptocurrencies does CP Processor calculate price indexes?
We calculate 5 most important crypto currencies: Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Litecoin (LTC), Ripple (XRP) and Bitcoin Cash(BCH).
FREE download methodology: https://coinpaymentprocessor.org/documents/iBTC%20METHODOLOGY%20GUIDE%20v1.2.pdf
- Will CP Processor calculate price indexes for more cryptocurrencies in the future?
Yes, there will be TOP 20 cryptocyrrency price indexes in the future.
- Do I have to pay for price index widgets?
You do not have any obligations exept to maintain CP Processor design as it
is (with our brand logo). They are free and will be free forever.